20 Cheap Date Night Ideas
My husband and I have been together 17 years this month. It is definitely difficult to come up with new date night ideas especially with 2 kids running around. It seems when we do get a night out, we have no idea what to do beside going out to dinner. I decided to come up with a list of cheap date night ideas. Hopefully this will inspire me for next time!
- Have a picnic. This could be at a park, in your backyard or living room.
- Take a hike.
- Movie night. grab some popcorn and watch your favorite movie.
- Game night. My husband hates games, so this one won’t work for us but could be fun!
- At home wine tasting
- Spa night. light some candles, give each other massages and take a bubble bath!
- Stargazing. Go out and see the stars, you could even fill up your truck bed with pillows!
- Cook together or have a cooking contest
- Play a video game together. One of my best memories with my husband is when we spent an entire weekend playing a video game. Neither of us are gamers and it was on the Wii but it was fun!
- Scavenger hunt. This could be around the house or even at a store.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Have a bonfire and s’mores.
- Go to a museum or art gallery
- Movies or Music in the park. My local town does both in the summer for free!
- Go for a leisurely drive through the country.
- Watch the sunset. This is one of my favorite things to do.
- Go watch a play. This could be at a community theatre or at a local school.
- Volunteer together. Go to the local humane society, soup kitchen or shelter.
- Find free community events. Join a Facebook group that promotes local events to stay up to date.
- Research historic sites in your area and visit them.
What do you do for a cheap date night?